Saturday, March 31, 2012

To simply be.

I think every human being holds the creative energy needed to create art. I do believe some are better at harnassing this energy and using it to express In whatever form that may be. For example, I don't think I could function without music yet hand me an instrument and I'd resemble my toddler discovering keys for the first time.
My personal preference is art objects, any and every material I can get my hands on. I make to simply BE. Without the creative process constantly flowing through my body nothing else in the world would make any sense. I use material and conceptual ideas to speak in a way words would leave empty space. I connect myself to my work in a lot of ways and some projects are much more personal than others. Some works are fleeting thoughts while others are life experiences I know that only through my own creative process that I can love, accept, and share those experiences.


Amanda Songy

No comments:

Post a Comment